Sunday 17 March 2013

Inspired by The Script ...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! So what's an absolutely bloomin' fantastic way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day weekend? Seeing The Script live in concert!! So that's exactly what my daughter, her friend & I did last night. We had an amazing time & The Script put on a fab show playing new songs from their album & the old classics.
So today I made a card inspired by The Script & the Irish colours of green, white & orange ...


Here's a close up ...


Do you see how I used 'script' writing on the card?! I suprise myself sometimes ;)

The 'with love' sentiment in the circle is one stamp. So how did I get the circle in green & the wording in orange? I was cunning ... I coloured all of the stamp in Pumpkin Pie ink then carefully used a wipe to clean away the orange colour from the circle. I then tapped the circle part of the stamp on the edge of a Gumball Green ink pad. And voila ... 2 colours on one stamp!

I punched a hole in the script/daffodils stamping, which when layered over the sentiment with 3D pads framed the sentiment.

I'm going to enter this card in the following challenges ...
1. Less is More - the challenge this week is to 'Frame It', where some part of your design should contain a frame.
2. Ribbon Girl - the March Colour Challenge is to use green & white on your projects.
3. Just Us Girls - the Colour Challenge is to use green, white & orange ...


Supplies used:
Stamps: Personal Impressions 'Mixed Sentiments', Clearly Besotted 'Spring Blooms', Hero Arts 'Script'
Inks: SU Gumball Green & Pumpkin Pie
Other: SU 1 3/8 circle punch, corner rounder, Ribbon Girls Baker's Divine Twine, Clearly Besotted 'Spring Bloom' dies

Thanks for taking a look at my projects. Take care x

10 comments:

  1. Love this card. Great colours, stamping and design. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning Tamara... the combo of script and flowers on this fab frame is simply terrific!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful LIM card, Tamara. Fab stamping and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! The script, the hole punched in the middle, the use of colors, the pretty image all pulled together into one beauty! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your green white and orange card - so classy - thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl Green and White Colour challenge, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great card Tamara ( your name was always a fav with my mother too), :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Love the stamping of the flowers over the text.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly stunning, this is my favourite card using this set - LOVE it Tamara :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm genuinely touched by all your lovely comments ... thank you so much! x

    ReplyDelete